Advisor - Mrs. Erin Laabs
The KML Book Club began in the 2009-2010 school year. Any KML students who are interested in reading quality literature and having the opportunity to discuss it are welcome to participate.
Meetings take place approximately once a month on Mondays around 3:00pm at Kettle. During the meeting, the book selected for that month is discussed, after which the book for the next month is selected.
Contact Mrs. Erin Laabs for more information.
SCHOLASTIC BOOK CLUBS
In an effort to encourage our high school students and their families to read more books, we are making a more widespread attempt to make Scholastic book orders available to every KML family. Also, if enough orders are placed, KML CAN EARN FREE BOOKS!!!
There are two ways to browse available books and put in an order.
1. At the beginning of each month, the new flyers will be available in the main office to pick up. If you do this, fill out the forms, and return money and the order to Mrs. Laabs by the due date.
2. Now it’s easier than ever to find the perfect books—shop the NEW online Book Clubs Web site. Choose from a much wider selection of books than in the printed flyer. Plus, you can send your orders directly to Mrs. Laabs online and use your credit card to pay.
Ordering online is fast, easy, and secure. It’s so simple! Here’s how online ordering works:
- SIGN UP at www.scholastic.com/bookclubs.
- On the parent page, click the “Register” button in the “First Time Here?” section.
- Register for your own user name and password.
- When prompted, enter the one-time Class Activation Code: DVFV4
- SELECT the books you’d like to order—choose from thousands of titles—many more than in our monthly flyers.
- SEND your order to Mrs. Laabs online by the due date and your books will be delivered directly to KMLHS.
- Mrs. Laabs will take care of getting the books to the correct students when they arrive!
CHECK OUT THE NEW TEEN READERS CLUB BOOK ORDERS!!!
If you have any questions along the way, do not hesitate to email Mrs. Laabs at