The purpose of the Charger Club is to do the following in a God-pleasing manner to his glory and the benefit of Kettle Moraine Lutheran High School:
- Promote the development and general welfare of KML.
- Promote student and family involvement and interest in co-curricular activities at KML.
- Provide moral, physical and financial support for co-curricular activities at KML.
- Provide Christian fellowship opportunities for members of the KML family.
Read the Charger Club Constitution.
Membership in the Charger Club includes all parents or guardians of KML students and may include any adult (over 18) interested in the progress and development of co-curricular activities at KML.
Being a Charger Club officer is a 2 year commitment. If you are interested in becoming an officer, please contact KML Activities Director, Mr. Joe Greefkes (email@example.com).
- President: Michelle Schiefelbein
- Vice President: Kay Wagner
- Treasurer: Becky Anhalt
- Secretary: Debbie Gerner
The Charger Club conducts various activities to raise funds for programs supported by the club. Many volunteers are needed to make these events successful. Support KML by volunteering to help in any way with some of the activities.
- Trivia Night – Held annually in October. Look for volunteer specifics throughout the month of September. Contact a Charger Club board member to assist with this exciting event!
- Plant Sale – Gifts cards can be purchased in the SCRIP Office, March through June. Support KML with your purchases of Groth’s Country Gardens Gift Cards.
- Dogs and Suds – Volunteer to sell hot dogs and root-beer floats, or just come to dine and support your Chargers at our two events during the basketball season. Dates TBD.
- Quilter’s Cafe – Volunteer at the Quilter’s Cafe at the Quilt Show in May. We are also always looking for talented bakers, as specialty baked goods are needed for the bake sale.
Areas of Support
The Charger Club gets involved in many aspects of student education here at KML and helps support annual expenses in the following areas:
- Athletic Department
- Tuition Assistance
- Student Organizations
Besides the normal committee activity, there are times KML can use additional help in the following areas:
- Secretarial – Typing, computer skills, filing, mailing
- Handyman – Painting/refinishing, carpentry, plumbing, electrical, mechanical, lawn care, etc.
- Art Skills – Calligraphy, line drawing, graphic arts, banner/poster making, bulletin boards
- Leadership – Board of Directors, special committees, Charger Club Officers
- Miscellaneous – Drama, choreography, forensics, coaching, writing, sewing, etc.
It takes a team effort from the Charger Club to make each school year a success. Contact the KML Main Office (262-677-4051; firstname.lastname@example.org) or any of the Charger Club officers to volunteer to help with any of these activities.