The first step is to remember that your possessions are gifts from God. As His steward, you should manage those blessings in a way that glorifies Him above all else. Here are some suggestions to help you get prepared for creating your plan:
- Develop specific goals, such as
- Providing for the financial needs of your children
- Choosing guardians for your minor children
- Teaching Christian stewardship principles to your family
- Supporting your church or KML
- Reducing the tax liability on your estate
- Establishing a trust for your heirs
- Create a preamble for your documents that reflects your faith and confidence in your eternal salvation
- Organize your personal records
- Review any current legal documents
- Select people who might serve in various roles (personal representative, power of attorney, guardian, trustee, etc.)
- Schedule a meeting with an estate planner who can help you through the process of creating a comprehensive plan
Once you have accomplished these steps, you will be ready to meet with the necessary professionals who can craft the necessary documents that match your goals.
To discuss a planned gift to KML, contact your KML Estate Plan/Deferred Gift Counselor, Mr. Paul Snamiska (262-677-4051 x1116; email@example.com).
The information that is provided on this site is for educational purposes only. Consult your personal tax consultant, attorney, or financial planner for specifics that apply to your personal situation.