At Kettle Moraine Lutheran High School, we welcome students from countries outside the USA. We invite interested students to learn more about the admission requirements and begin the application process to KML by following the steps below.
- Current 8th, 9th, 10th, and 11th grade students, from 14 to 17 years old
- Observable English proficiency equivalent to B2 CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages)
- iTEP – score of 4.0 or higher
- TOEFL iBT- score 90 or above 72-94 (KML’s code for the TOEFL is 7343.)
- IELTS – 5.5-6.0
- Duolingo English Test above 60
- Completed Steps 1-4 of the application process (See below.)
- Acceptance letter from KML
Step 1: International Student Application
- Complete the international student application linked below.
- The KML International Coordinator will read your application within two business days after submission and contact you regarding when to complete Step 2.
Go to the
KML International Student Application.
Step 2: Non-Refundable $100 Application Fee
- Following your submission of the International Student application, the KML International Coordinator will contact you and request you pay the non-refundable $100 application fee via Flywire. (When searching for the institution name, search for the entire name of the school: Kettle Moraine Lutheran High School.)
- Do NOT pay the fee until the coordinator has contacted you and asked you to do so.
Step 3: Document Submission
- After receiving your payment of the application fee, the KML International Coordinator will contact you and request you submit the required documents listed below through the linked online document submission form.
- All documents must be translated into English.
- Do not submit the documents until the coordinator has contacted you and asked you to do so.
- Clear Copy of Student’s Valid Passport
- 9th grade applicants must send official 8th grade transcripts
- 10th through 12th grade applicants must send all high school level final transcripts and year in progress reports.
- Two Teacher Recommendation Letters
- English Teacher
- Other Subject Teacher
- Student Letter
- Write a letter to your future host family about yourself and your family.
- Most Recent English Proficiency Test Score Report
- Photo of Student and Parent(s)
- Financial Statement from Bank Demonstrating the Parents’ Ability for Financial Support
Go to the Document Submission Form.
Step 4: Interview
- Once your required documents are received, the KML International Coordinator will schedule an interview with you by videoconference.
- You will learn of your acceptance within 3 business days after the interview.
The school admissions committee reviews the information gathered during the application process and, if accepted, will send an acceptance letter via email. Upon receiving the acceptance letter by email, the family must pay a $2,000 enrollment deposit to hold the student’s place. After the student’s visa has been issued, the student must pay the remaining fees by August 1.
Upon receiving the US $2,000 enrollment fee, KML will send the following to the student:
- Original hard copy of the acceptance letter
- I-20 form from school
- Application fee receipt
- “Next Steps for Enrollment” information sheet
Students who enroll at KML are committed to attending school here for a minimum of one academic year. Students who withdraw or transfer before this time will not be granted any refund fees. If a student is asked by the administration to withdraw from KML, all tuition fees for the current semester are non-refundable, and all housing fees for the entire year are non-refundable.