Mrs. Kerry Garcia provides piano lessons during the school day for students at Kettle Moraine Lutheran High School. Please contact Mrs. Garcia at (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions.
Ephesians 5:19 – Sing and make music from your heart to the Lord. (NIV)
Regular attendance and practice at home is necessary for consistent progress. Each student is expected to be prompt for every lesson, with the proper music for each lesson. Any appointments or extra-curricular activities should be scheduled around the student’s lesson time.
Lessons take place during band, choir, or study hall in room 2306. One lesson is half of a period. Students may arrive early for lessons and are encouraged to use a practice room to warm up prior to lessons if at all possible.
Tuition for piano lessons is $306 per semester. Tuition will be divided into two equal payments each semester and billed to the student’s account. Books will also be billed to each student’s account when necessary. You will be contacted by email or phone before that date with your lesson time and information. If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Kerry Garcia (email@example.com)
Lessons at KML
Lessons at KML may prepare a student for a career in teaching or ministry, for college music auditions, or simply for fun.
Exercise your mind! Playing piano activates both hemispheres of the brain and requires engagement from multiple lobes simultaneously. Did you know that musicians have a larger corpus callosum?
Convenience: Taking lessons during the school day saves a trip to the music store in the evening, and allows for more family time and practice time at home.
- Students may play pre-service music before the band or choir winter concerts in December.
- District WSMA Solo/Ensemble Festival will be held in March. State WSMA (for qualifying students) will be held Saturday, May 4, 2019, at Wisconsin Lutheran College.
- Wisconsin Federation of Music Clubs (WFMC) District Festival will be held February 9, 2019. State WFMC competition will beheld in May.
- Our annual recital will take place on Mother’s Day, May 12, 2019, in the choir room.
- Advanced students may use their God-given abilities to play for chapel as well as their home congregations.
About the Instructor
Kerry Garcia, MA, holds the degrees of Master of the Arts from Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College and Bachelor of Music from Alverno College. Mrs. Garcia is also a board-certified music therapist. She serves on the piano, music therapy, and early childhood faculties at the Wisconsin Conservatory of Music. She is a member of Music Teachers National Association and Wisconsin Music Teachers Association and chairperson of the Waukesha North group of the Wisconsin Federation of Music Clubs.