Dear KML Family,
Our hope and faith is in our loving God who suffered and died in our place to secure us a place in heaven for eternity. May that truth give you security and peace as we maneuver through these challenging times!
School Cancelled TOMORROW, Tuesday, March 17
Due to growing concerns over COVID-19 and amidst continued tightening of recommendations from the CDC, KML will CANCEL face to face classes and all activities beginning tomorrow, Tuesday, March 17, through Sunday, April 5. This includes all KML activities which involve the assembly of KML students as well as any activities which utilize the KML facility. Click HERE to see the full list of continually changing KML activity and facility cancellations and postponements. Virtual learning will begin on Thursday, March 19, at 7:40 AM.
Student Technology and Books
Students have been informed of the decision to cancel school on Tuesday, and we have asked them to take home with them today all of their textbooks and other items they need for learning, including technology, books, and other supplies. The students were also encouraged to take home any needed items from their athletic locker. Students may come to KML on either Tuesday or Wednesday of this week (March 17 or 18) between the hours of 7:15 AM and 3:45 PM to retrieve materials if they were not in attendance today or if they forgot any materials.
Virtual Learning Details
Students will begin virtual learning on Thursday of this week (March 19). They should check their email by 7:00 PM Wednesday evening for further instructions. Students should be prepared to utilize their Chromebooks on Thursday morning for instruction. They do not need any new technology beyond the managed Chromebook which is already required for KML students and access to the internet.
Revised Academic Schedule Through April 6
- Tuesday, March 17 – Teacher Professional Development and Planning (No School)
- Wednesday, March 18 – Teacher Professional Development and Planning (No School)
- Thursday, March 19 – Online Instruction: A Day (Periods 1-4)
- Friday, March 20 – Online Instruction: B Day (Periods 5-8)
- Monday, March 23 – Online Instruction: A Day (Periods 1-4)
- Tuesday, March 24 – Online Instruction: B Day (Periods 5-8)
- Wednesday, March 25 – Online Instruction: A Day (Periods 1-4)
- Thursday, March 26 – Online Instruction: B Day (Periods 5-8)
- Friday, March 27 – Spring Break Begins Early (No School)
- March 30 – April 3 – Spring Break Week (No School)
- Monday, April 6 – Face-to-Face Instruction Resumes (Anticipated)
KML Virtual Daily Schedule Through April 6
|7:40 – 7:55||Opening Devotion and Announcements|
|7:55 – 9:21||A Day: Period 1 OR B Day: Period 5|
|9:21 – 9:33||Class Transition|
|9:33 – 10:59||A Day: Period 2 OR B Day: Period 6|
|10:59 – 11:11||Class Transition|
|11:11 – 11:41||Lunch|
|11:41 – 1:07||A Day: Period 3 OR B Day: Period 7|
|1:07 – 1:19||Class Transition|
|1:19 – 2:45||A Day: Period 4 OR B Day: Period 8|
|2:45 – 3:30||Teachers available to answer individual student questions online or via phone|
Communication of COVID-19 Cases
There are currently zero cases of COVID-19 in Washington County or at KML. As a part of our KML family, we want to make sure we communicate if cases would occur. Please inform us if any cases of COVID-19 occur with students and immediate family members.
In Christ’s Service,
Principal Jamie Luehring