The Student Services Department advises students about their course selections and class schedules, their academic progress, their standardized testing, their post-high school planning, and their plans to finance their college education. The department is responsible for developing the master schedule and the student schedules. It provides copies of student transcripts, and it maintains the permanent records of the students.
The Student Services Department provides a variety of materials for students to use. It sets up a schedule of visits from college, technical college, and military recruiters. Computer resources are also available.
The Student Services Department helps students to select courses in which they will be successful in meeting KML’s graduation requirements and will be prepared to enter college or the workforce.
The KML Student Services Department offers these services:
- Academic course planning and scheduling
- A standardized testing program including the Aspire, the PSAT, and the ACT and SAT. Group and personal interpretations of the results of these tests are also made available (KML’s ACT High School Code is 500951)
- Assistance in college planning
- Information and assistance with college financial aid and scholarships
- Academic progress reporting
- Academic records and transcripts
- Academic and career counseling including Xello, an online career exploration and planning tool used by students at KML to explore career and college options
- Career exploration through Career Day (See below for more info.)