The Kettle Moraine Lutheran High School Federation recognizes that the cost of Christian secondary education has the potential of being a challenge for some families. Accordingly, the Federation has established the KML Tuition Assistance Program. The program is designed to help families meet the cost of this great blessing. The following guidelines are provided to help parents with their application procedures.
The KML Tuition Assistance Program is open by application to students currently attending KML and to other students who have officially registered at KML for the next school year. To be considered for tuition assistance, families must submit a new application each year.
Awarding of Funds
On the basis of the information supplied by the applicants, the Finance Committee of the KML Board of Directors will determine assistance. All applications submitted prior to the April 15 deadline will be considered in the strictest confidence. Applicants will be notified in May of their award. Financial awards will be credited directly to the recipients’ accounts.
Some recipients may see themselves able to repay this assistance or to make contributions toward the Tuition Assistance Fund in the future in order to help other families. There is no set schedule for repayment or obligation, but your help replenishing this fund is most appreciated and strongly encouraged.
Level of Support
The Finance Committee will determine the amount of assistance to be awarded solely on the basis of financial need. All rewards are subject to available funds. In any case, however, the maximum grant for any student will be limited to 70% of the tuition for the students. Grants will not apply toward fees or other miscellaneous expenses.
The deadline for submitting applications is April 15. The Finance Committee will review applications and make awards after that date. If a student registers late, or if the financial circumstances in a family change, the committee may consider applications after the April 15 date. Families should be aware however, that there is no guarantee that funds will be available after the awards are given in May.
How to Apply
- The financial need analysis for the upcoming school year will be conducted by the FACTS Grant and Aid Assessment service on behalf of KML. Please complete the online application and submit the necessary supporting documentation to FACTS Grant and Aid Assessment by April 15.
- Depending on your application some or all of the following documents may be required:
- Copy of your most recent Federal Form 1040, 1040A or 1040-EZ U.S. Individual Income Tax Return. If applicant and co-applicant file separately, we require both tax returns for the same tax year.
- Copies of all 2019 W-2 Wage and Tax Statements for both the applicant and co-applicant.
- Copies of all supporting tax schedules if you have income/loss from any of the following*:
- Business – (Form 1040 Line 12) send Schedule C or C-EZ and Form 4562 Depreciation and Amortization
- Farm – (Form 1040 Line 18) send Schedule F and Form 4562 Depreciation and Amortization
- Rental Property – (Form 1040 Line 17) send Schedule E (page 1)
- S-Corporation – (Form 1040 Line 17) send Schedule E (page 2), Form 1120S (4 pages), Schedule K-1 and Form 8825
- Partnership – (Form 1040 Line 17) send Schedule E (page 2), Form 1065 (5 pages), Schedule K-1 and Form 8825
- Estates and Trusts – (Form 1040 Line 17) send Schedule E (page 2), Form 1041 and Schedule K-1
- * IMPORTANT: If you file a tax return but do not have W-2 wages because you are self-employed, you will be required to submit a copy of your 2018 Federal Form 1040 Tax Return.
- Copies of all supporting documentation for household Non-Taxable Income such as: Social Security Income, Welfare, Child Support, Food Stamps, Workers’ Compensation, and Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF).
- You will need to pay a $35 application fee via credit card or electronic bank withdraw during the online application process.
- Upon completion of the FACTS application process for WELS and ELS members, KML will also contact your Pastor, requesting that he complete a recommendation form.
If you have questions or concerns about the FACTS application process, you may speak with a FACTS Customer Care Representative at 866-315-9262. Failure to submit all required forms will result in the rejection of the application.
KMLHS reserves the right to rescind any tuition assistance if the circumstances upon which the grant was issued should change. Recession of the tuition assistance does not release the family of its obligation for tuition, fees, and other charges.