- The financial need analysis for the upcoming school year will be conducted by the FACTS Grant and Aid Assessment service on behalf of KML. Please complete the online application and submit the necessary supporting documentation to FACTS Grant and Aid Assessment by April 15.
- Depending on your application some or all of the following documents may be required:
- Copy of your most recent Federal Form 1040, 1040A or 1040-EZ U.S. Individual Income Tax Return. If applicant and co-applicant file separately, we require both tax returns for the same tax year.
- Copies of all 2019 W-2 Wage and Tax Statements for both the applicant and co-applicant.
- Copies of all supporting tax schedules if you have income/loss from any of the following*:
- Business – (Form 1040 Line 12) send Schedule C or C-EZ and Form 4562 Depreciation and Amortization
- Farm – (Form 1040 Line 18) send Schedule F and Form 4562 Depreciation and Amortization
- Rental Property – (Form 1040 Line 17) send Schedule E (page 1)
- S-Corporation – (Form 1040 Line 17) send Schedule E (page 2), Form 1120S (4 pages), Schedule K-1 and Form 8825
- Partnership – (Form 1040 Line 17) send Schedule E (page 2), Form 1065 (5 pages), Schedule K-1 and Form 8825
- Estates and Trusts – (Form 1040 Line 17) send Schedule E (page 2), Form 1041 and Schedule K-1
- * IMPORTANT: If you file a tax return but do not have W-2 wages because you are self-employed, you will be required to submit a copy of your 2018 Federal Form 1040 Tax Return.
- Copies of all supporting documentation for household Non-Taxable Income such as: Social Security Income, Welfare, Child Support, Food Stamps, Workers’ Compensation, and Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF).
- You will need to pay a $35 application fee via credit card or electronic bank withdraw during the online application process.
- Upon completion of the FACTS application process for WELS and ELS members, KML will also contact your Pastor, requesting that he complete a recommendation form.
If you have questions or concerns about the FACTS application process, you may speak with a FACTS Customer Care Representative at 866-315-9262. Failure to submit all required forms will result in the rejection of the application.
KMLHS reserves the right to rescind any tuition assistance if the circumstances upon which the grant was issued should change. Recession of the tuition assistance does not release the family of its obligation for tuition, fees, and other charges.